1. Pre-requisites - Get the pre-requisites using the following command:
2. Know your interfaces - Check your default gateway interface using: In my case, it is ppp0.
3. Edit the file /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf using command: Make it look like this:
3. Edit the file /etc/default/dhcp3-server using command: and make it look like this (replace the name "eth0" with the name of your ethernet interface):
4. Restart the DHCP service using: Now connect ethernet cable between the laptop and the pc, and do this command:
5. You have to tell your laptop to "share internet connection" with the pc. To do this, save the following text as a file Make it executable using: and run it using
6. Now sit back and enjoy internet on your other pc.